Welcome to Great Western Exotics
A Centre of Excellence for Avian and Exotic Pets
Part of Vets Now, Great Western Exotics is one of the leading full-time staffed, avian and exotic animal specific veterinary services in the UK. It is headed by Dr Tom Dutton, European Specialist Avian Medicine & RCVS Recognised Specialist in Zoo & Wildlife Medicine
We are a tier three RCVS accredited veterinary hospital offering a 24/7 avian and exotic animal referral service for veterinary professionals, as well as routine first-opinion consultations for pet owners seven days a week.
We have an experienced team of vets specifically trained to care for the everyday needs of exotic pets, such as:
- Birds (including birds of prey, psittacine, passerine and others)
- Reptiles (including tortoises, terrapins, snakes, lizards and others)
- Mammals (including rabbits, ferrets and other mustelids, rodents, marsupials and others)
- Amphibians (including frogs, newts and others)
- Arthropods (including spiders, snails, insects and others)
Supporting our vets is our dedicated team of nursing staff, on hand to provide the intensive nursing care your pet requires. We provide the very best levels of comfort for pets and all inpatients have optimal around-the-clock care, to include a clinical evaluation at least every four hours or more often if required.