We endeavour for our referral process to be as hassle-free as possible at GWE
Before referring a case, we encourage vets to call us and discuss it first. Don’t worry, there’s no obligation to refer.
We endeavour for our referral process to be as hassle-free as possible. Here’s a brief guide of what you can expect:
1. Make your referral online, by phone or by email – whichever you prefer
2. We’ll call your client to arrange a suitable time for them to bring in their pet
3. Once the client has met with the relevant members of our team and a diagnosis and treatment plan has been drawn up, we’ll contact you to let you know
4. We’ll supply the client with information and advice after treatment, and will forward this to your practice right away
5. We’ll send you a full report within 48 hours of discharging the patient
Please send us as much detail as you can, including:
If it’s not possible, or not in the patient’s best interests, for us to perform all the diagnostic tests and procedures in one day, we’ll either hospitalise the patient overnight or book them in for another date and time. We have hospital staff on-site 24/7 to look after hospitalised patients.
We advise clients to bring their pet’s medical records, plus x-rays and relevant test results. Insured clients should bring a completed copy of the claim form, signed by the holder of the insurance.
We use 3 different types of cookies on our website. You can say which ones you're happy for us to use below.
These cookies do things like keep the website secure. They always need to be on.