The Great Western Exotics team have chosen to specialise in exotic veterinary medicine, and see species daily that many vets may not regularly treat.
Our team based in Swindon have undergone years of additional training, examinations and regular reassessment specific to exotic medicine to become and remain highly experienced in this field.
- a 24/7 Referral service
- an Emergency service
- First-opinion Consultations & health checks
- Specialist Avian service
- a Diagnostics service
- Wildlife & Zoological service
We accept any exotic pet cases, including the following:
- Small & large birds including raptors, parrots, cockatiels, parakeets, budgerigars & poultry (chicken, duck, geese, etc.)
- Rabbits and other small mammals including ferrets, skunks, sugar gliders, meerkats.
- Rodents including chinchillas, guinea pigs, degus, rats, squirrels, chipmunks.
- Tortoises, snakes, lizards and other reptiles.
- Fish and amphibian.
We are based at the Vets Now 24 hour Emergency and Specialty Hospital in Swindon and offer a friendly and personal service to make your appointment as relaxed for you and your pet as possible.
We will treat your pet if:
- your pet is referred to us by your own general practitioner vet.
- you make an appointment to see our General practitioner vet for exotic pets offering routine treatments such as beak and nails trims, vaccination and neutering.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by calling 01793 603802, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To be referred, ask your vet to refer you to Great Western Exotics.